Exclusive Guided Tours
This is an amazing opportunity to visit the Marquis and Marchioness of Lansdowne's Private Walled Gardens.
Individuals can join in on any set date (listed below) for £27.50 per person. For groups of 20 or more, a tour can be organised on any weekday of your choice for £25 per person.
The day includes:
- Free admission to the House & Gardens
- Tea/Coffee on arrival
- A Guided Tour of the Terraces, Private Walled Gardens and Pleasure Grounds
- Two course luncheon in the House Restaurant
- A wonderful collection of House, Gardens, Tree & Plant images on CD for only £5.00
- Admission to the beautiful Rhododendron Walks for only £3.00 per person
- Guided Tours of the House for only £5.00 per person (subject to minimum numbers)
A typical tour will take in the House’s imposing Terraces before entering the Private Gardens through a “secret” door. Once within the Private Gardens, guests will enjoy an exclusive insight into the distinctly different one-acre squares including beautiful formal borders, a picking garden, glass houses and a working kitchen garden that provides fresh fruit and vegetables for the Bowood Hotel and Restaurant.
After enjoying the Private Gardens, your Tour Guide will lead you out into the beautiful grounds and take in Hamilton’s cascade and Doric Temple before returning to the House via the Arboretum for a sumptuous two course luncheon in the House Restaurant.
Tours usually take 1.5 hours and after luncheon guests can enjoy the House & Gardens at their leisure.
There is an abundance to see throughout the year from Spring to Autumn:
- Visit in the Spring to see the beautiful blossom and displays of tulips and daffodils on the terraces and throughout the grounds.
- Visit in the Summer and enjoy the vast selection of roses, shrubs and herbaceous borders and stroll through the spectacular 75 acre arboretum and pinetum.
- Visit later in the season to take in the vibrant Autumn colours and late Summer flowering shrubs and flowers.
Individual tour dates are as follows; 17th April, 15th May, 19th June, 17th July, 14th August, 11th September and 16th October.
If you are interested in bringing a group or a small number of individuals please contact Marie Matthews by email email@example.com or call 01249 810961.